One of the most controversial topics when it comes to taking care of ferrets is bathing them, especially when it comes to how often they should be bathed. Some people bathe their pet ferrets to keep them clean, while some use the best ferret shampoo to get rid of their natural musky smell. Whatever your reason may be, you should still use the best shampoo for your active little friend.
The reason why most people keep ferrets as pets is that they are small, playful, active, intellectual, and fun-loving animals. Ferrets are often bought in pairs to have a fellow company in the same species. If you want to know how often you should bathe your pet, along with the best shampoos to use, then you should keep reading this article.
- Top 10 Best Ferret Shampoo
- 1. FerretSheen Deodorizing Ferret Shampoo
- 2. Pro-Pet Works Natural Dog Shampoo
- 3. Marshall Pet Products Tea Tree Shampoo
- 4. PPP Pet Ferret Deodorizing Shampoo
- 5. Arm and Hammer Deodorizing Spray
- 6. Marshall Aloe Vera Ferret Shampoo
- 7. Marshall Ferret Daily Spritz
- 8. Kaytee Squeaky Clean Shampoo
- 9. SofiesSecret 100% Natural Pet Shampoo
- 10. Fluppets Organic Pet Shampoo
- How Often Should You Bathe Your Pet Ferret?
Top 10 Best Ferret Shampoo
1. FerretSheen Deodorizing Ferret Shampoo
If you are one of those people who cannot bear the musky smell of their pet ferrets, then you might like this deodorizing shampoo that is specifically made for ferrets. It is also one of the top-rated products out there for ferrets. This shampoo can leave a refreshing scent on your pet that lingers for quite some time.
Here are the products key features:
- This specialized shampoo for ferrets contains microencapsulated enzymes, which could help fight off the ferret’s strong
- It fragrance last for a long time, which helps lessens on how frequent you should bathe your pet.
- The product contains aloe vera and jojoba oil to keep your pet’s coat shiny after every bath.
- It is perfect for those who are on a budget as it is very affordable.
2. Pro-Pet Works Natural Dog Shampoo
This shampoo may have the word “dog shampoo” in it, but it is specifically formulated for all types of pets that have allergies to grass, food, and flea bites. This product is not only shampoo, but it is also mixed with conditioner to make sure your ferret has a soft fur. Its ingredients contain Vitamin E, Aloe Vera, Almond oil, soap-free, and hypoallergenic which makes it suitable for those pets with sensitive skin.
Here are its Key features:
- It is sulfate and paraben free
- It doesn’t contain any types of alcohol and it has an all-natural ingredient
- The shampoo is packed with essential vitamins such as vitamin D, Vitamin A, and Vitamin E.
- Aside from dogs, this shampoo is also suited for cats, ferrets, and other furry animals.
- This is recommended for those who want to keep their pet’s skin and coat healthy.
3. Marshall Pet Products Tea Tree Shampoo
Unlike other ferret shampoo products, this specific shampoo has a unique formula with spearmint and tea tree oil that not makes your pet smell fresh, but it can also help treat ticks and flea problems. Another feature of this product is that it can keep your ferret’s coat soft and glossy, without removing their essential body oils. This is perfect for your little friend.
- It leaves the coat looking and feeling soft and shiny
- Tea Tree Shampoo can help control your ferret’s strong odor
- It helps treat ticks and fleas without removing your pet’s essential oils in the body
- The formulation used is gentle, effective, and safe for your pet
4. PPP Pet Ferret Deodorizing Shampoo
If you are looking for a non-drying shampoo, then this shampoo would be your best option. It leaves a refreshing scent on your pet while deodorizing their body to keep the odor away. It also has a deep-cleaning formula that re-freshens your pet’s skin. This shampoo can make your pet’s fur softer, which makes it easy to comb out and prevents any tangles.
- It makes it easy to comb out your pet’s fur leaving and leaving it to tangle free
- This shampoo has a pina colada fragrance, which keeps your pets skin and coating smelling fresh for some time
- This product has the ability to help remove the musky odors and glandular excretions of your pet ferret
- It is specially designed to help fight off malodors
5. Arm and Hammer Deodorizing Spray
Arm and Hammer shampoo is a well-known product that provides high-quality made products for various pets. This shampoo not only helps with cleaning your pet, but it also helps with deodorizing. This enriched formula is pH balance so that the shampoo suits well for small animals like ferrets, rabbits, guinea pigs, and other types of small furry animals.
- The products unique formula helps maintain the pH balance for your pet animals
- Most Arm and Hammer shampoo contains baking soda that helps neutralize your pet’s odor.
- This product is very mild and gentle to the skin, which doesn’t irritate your pet ferret’s nose, skin, and eyes
- The tearless shampoo is specifically made to be used as a bathing shampoo for small pets
6. Marshall Aloe Vera Ferret Shampoo
This ferret shampoo has a unique blend of eucalyptus and aloe vera, which helps with giving your pet ferret with a clean and fresh scent. Marshall brand products are one of the best shampoo options available in the market today. The shampoo gently cleanses your pet’s body without irritating their skin, while also keeping the coat soft and shiny.
- It is very hypoallergenic and doesn’t irritate the skin
- It gently cleanses your ferret’s skin and can also be used to bathe your pet
- Its formula contains eucalyptus and aloe vera that keeps the coat soft and shiny
- This is safe to be used on your pet as it doesn’t cause any itching, and the formula used isn’t teary
7. Marshall Ferret Daily Spritz
Aside from shampoos, you should use some conditioner on your pet in shampoos, as it helps neutralizes and modifies the smelly odor. Unlike shampoos, you can use this daily even without bathing your pet. It helps control odor while also enhancing your pets coat appearance and color. If you don’t have time to bathe your pet, but want to get rid of its musky odor, then this daily spritz would be a great way to condition and freshen your pet.
- It provides a baby fresh scent on your pet
- Marshall ferret keeps your pet’s coat soft and fluffy
- It enhances the appearance and color of your pet’s coat
- It helps with controlling the odor
8. Kaytee Squeaky Clean Shampoo
This shampoo is pH balanced and totally tearless, which makes it perfectly safe for your pet to use. It could help eliminate your ferret’s odor while keeping a long-lasting baby powder fragrance on your pet. After using this shampoo, you will notice and feel the softness, smell, and freshness of your pet.
- This is specifically made for rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets, and other small pets
- It is pH balanced and totally tearless
- It effectively removes odor
- After usage, it leaves a baby powder fragrance on your pet
- It conditions your ferret’s skin and coating
9. SofiesSecret 100% Natural Pet Shampoo
This product is specially formulated for all types of pets, it is non-toxic, tear-free, and soapless, therefore it is perfectly safe for your pet. You can even use this every day on your pet as it is safe and gentle on the skin. With this shampoo, you won’t have to use a conditioner to soften your pet’s fur. It is enriched with organic and natural extracts such as lavender, green tea, chamomile, aloe vera, and gingko Biloba leaf.
- It is fragrance-free and hypoallergenic
- It’s formulated with organic and natural extracts which are perfect for your pet with sensitive skin
- It has a money back guarantee
- It is non-toxic and tears free pet shampoo
10. Fluppets Organic Pet Shampoo
If you are looking for a shampoo that is USDA certified, then you no longer have to look around as this product is the one that you are looking for. It is made in the USA and it contains ingredients that are 100% all-natural. This shampoo is also packed with jojoba, olive, and coconut oils to ensure that your pet has a soft and shiny coating. Aside from the oils, it is also blended with aloe vera, lemongrass, and rosemary that provides nice fragrance.
- It is highly concentrated and synthetic free, making it a good choice for your pet
- This is perfect for pets with itchy and sensitive skin
- It is free of petroleum and hypoallergenic
- It is made in the USA and made with organic oils
How Often Should You Bathe Your Pet Ferret?
If you are just thinking of to get a ferret as a pet, then you should be aware that they emit a musky odor that can be too smelly for most owners to bear. However, despite their smelly odor, ferrets still need minimal maintenance when it comes to bathing.
Therefore, the recommended frequency of bathing your pet ferret should only be once a month. But if your pet has played on dirt or has a muddy coating, then you should give a bath. Frequent baths aren’t recommended as they will strip your pet’s natural body oils and dries its skin.
Whether you can bear with your pet ferret’s odor or not, you should remember that giving them baths frequently will not only strip them off from their body’s natural oils, but it can also cause them to emit a stronger odor. Therefore, bathing them once a month with the best ferret shampoo that you can get should be enough.