As a pet owner, it is your duty to keep your pets in a healthy condition. That includes a comfortable habitat for them to live, grow, and reproduce well. One of the essential component that your reptile need for hydration, shedding, and normal behavior is a humidifier.
A humidifier can purify the air that can give the comfort, safety, and health benefits to your pets. This is a great idea if they have allergies because properly humidified air can reduce the symptoms. It can even save you from veterinary bills and free you from worries.
- Top 10 Best Reptile Humidifier
- 1. Evergreen Reptile Humidifier
- 2. Coolspider Reptile Humidifier Fog Machine Mister
- 3. Aiicioo Reptile Humidifier Fogger
- 4. Zoo Med Reptirain Reptile Humidifier
- 5. Oiibo Reptile Humidifier
- 6. Zoo Med Reptile Fogger Humidifier
- 7. Blue Spotted Deep Jungle Fogger
- 8. AGPTEK Mist Maker Fogger Air Humidifier
- 9. ESUMIC Mist Maker Fogger Air Humidifier
- 10. Pravono Reptile Fogger Humidifier
- Proper Caring for Reptiles
Top 10 Best Reptile Humidifier
There is a lot of reptile humidifier available in the markets today. It comes in a variety of foggers, misters, and different materials to help regulate the humidity. Make sure to research well what is best suited for your reptile before buying one.
To help you decide, here are some of the best reptile humidifiers:
1. Evergreen Reptile Humidifier
This reptile humidifier is perfect for your reptile that is in need of a moist environment. It is easy to assemble with full sets of instructions and tips that can offer a longer lifespan compared to another humidifier. The Evergreen Pet Supplies Reptile Humidifier’s tank can hold up to two liters and has a no-spill valve, flexible adjustable hose, and a dry-run protection which automatically shuts off when it is empty.
- It gives a consistent output and well-built.
- It runs quietly, ideal for indoor use.
- The tank is hard to refill, you need to remove everything and put it back again.
- The humidifier only lasted only for a shorter period than it promised.
2. Coolspider Reptile Humidifier Fog Machine Mister
This reptile humidifier is an ultrasonic cool mist fog machine with a durable and flexible hose that automatically shuts off when the water level is low. It has a powerful fog output that can fill up ultra-fine cool mist into a large tank cage. The Coolspider Reptile Humidifier Fog Machine Mister is ideal for humidifying a terrarium or vivarium with a natural fog cool and full anion to make their habitat fresher.
- It is great in giving the amount of fog you need for you reptile housing.
- It has a high-quality warranty for about a year after the purchase date.
- The release mechanism does not allow water to enter the ultrasonic base to create mist.
- The tube does not always stays or seals the place.
3. Aiicioo Reptile Humidifier Fogger
This reptile humidifier has a humidification system that is one of the key accessories for many reptiles and amphibians such as geckos, snakes, turtle, iguanas, frogs, and a variety of plants. It has a large three-liter tank that you can set the desired mist level and non-stop humidifier for up to 12 to 24 hours. The Aiicioo Reptile Humidifier Fogger has an automatic shut-off when the water runs out and turns it on again after refilling it.
- It has an almost no-noise feature under 30 decibels that is great for you and your pet’s sleeping habit.
- It has a large tank that reduces your job in changing the water on a regular basis.
- The item worked great in the beginning but started leaking a few weeks after.
- The warranty is just a month.
4. Zoo Med Reptirain Reptile Humidifier
This reptile humidifier has programmable misting for terrariums, cages, and indoor gardens. It has four spray interval settings and duration settings. The Zoo Med Reptirain Automatic Terrarium Mister contains mounting hooks, 6-watt AC adaptor, remote nozzle extension, and suction cup hold down.
- It is fully programmable, portable, and easy to use.
- It is perfect for dry climate places.
- The spray end has the tendency to drip and leak.
- The misting system stops after a month and you need to pay for the repair.
5. Oiibo Reptile Humidifier
This reptile humidifier works silently as it infuses clean and moisturized air that provides your reptiles the moist environment they need. It easy to refill just by pouring water into the orifice at the bottom of the tank. The Oiibo Reptile Humidifier is easy and safe to use for a wide variety of reptiles and amphibians.
- It is really easy to fill the tank from the bottom.
- It is impressive how quiet the unit is while working.
- The item works great except that it is difficult to clean inside.
- The mist comes out sometimes and the tubes collect a lot of water.
6. Zoo Med Reptile Fogger Humidifier
This reptile humidifier has the ability to increase the humidity inside the terrarium with adjustable fog output control. It contains a no-spill valve which makes it easy to refill the water bottle. The Zoo Med Reptile Fogger Terrarium Humidifier can be used with a Zoo Med HygroTherma to have an exact control to the humidity and temperature.
- It comes with a 1-liter bottle, no-spill valve, and all the necessary fittings.
- It has a 3-month warranty.
- The vaporizer got clogged and broken after.
- The humidifier stopped within a month of use.
7. Blue Spotted Deep Jungle Fogger
This reptile humidifier provides the necessary moisture and humidity for your pets’ well-being. It has a compact design, adjustable flow control, and fan-less for silent operation. The Blue Spotted Deep Jungle Fogger promotes a healthy, safe, and natural behavior of the reptiles by giving the right humidity level and environment.
- It gives a deep jungle rainforest environment with its cool-mist compact ultrasonic fogger.
- It is ready to use that includes a mounting clip, extendable hose, and no-spill attachment.
- The product did not seem to turn above 75% of its power.
- The fogging tube got leaky and broke quickly.
8. AGPTEK Mist Maker Fogger Air Humidifier
This reptile humidifier is using an ultrasonic electronic technology to create a magical effect on your tanks, ponds, and even swimming pools. It can produce a large amount of mist that with no heat or chemical used. The AGPTEK Mist Maker Fogger Air Humidifier is safe, easy to operate and strive to offer customer satisfaction.
- It has an attractive LED lights that change colors randomly.
- It has an output voltage of 24 volts that is very safe to use in the water.
- The mist maker is messy and dangerous as it spits water everywhere.
- The spray drops all over and empties the water into the container quickly.
9. ESUMIC Mist Maker Fogger Air Humidifier
This reptile humidifier is best for terrariums, indoor foundations, and other decoration use. It is easy to install and convenient to operate with 12 automatically changing colors LED lights to add an amazing look to the rockery. The ultrasonic atomizer releases negative ions which makes the air fresher and healthier by reducing the dust and bacteria.
- It adds a stunning mist effect to any tank or pond.
- It filters the bad smell with its electro and ultrasonic technology.
- The unit started to corrode on the outside after days of use.
- The fogger stopped working within 2 weeks.
10. Pravono Reptile Fogger Humidifier
This reptile humidifier can give your pets a fresh, healthy, and moist skin by using distilled or pure water. It has two mist working modes that is super silent when running. The Pravono Reptile Fogger Humidifier can be used as a flowerpot, where green plants can grow on top.
- It has a large water capacity that can use for a long time without adding water every time.
- It is super portable with its small size.
- The packaging has no proper directions.
- The item is quite expensive.
Now that you know some of the best reptile humidifiers, you can choose from these top 10 what is right for your pets. Along with pros and cons, you can balance which one to buy. These reptile humidifiers can be found in the nearest pet stores or online shops.
Proper Caring for Reptiles
If a dog or cat seems to be a bit ordinary for your taste, then maybe choosing a more exotic animal like cold-blooded creature can satisfy your needs. Reptiles and amphibian, known as herptiles, have different requirements and needs special care. So before you visit a pet shop to get your own lizard or snake, there are few important things you need to consider, and here are some of them:
1. Reptile Size
Different cities, states, and countries have specific rules for keeping certain kinds of reptiles. There are endangered and protected creatures that will require you to several regulations. You can check with your local wildlife department to give you information with regards to pet a reptile.
When it comes to considering reptiles as pets, size matters. You need to make sure how big or small the animal up until it reaches its maturity so you will know the size of your tank. Although it does not mean that their growth will not be fully developed, however, their health will be affected.
2. Reptile Housing
Thinking about what kind of cage your reptile will need is also important. Their habitat must provide them enough space to move around and escape-proof for your convenience. Animals like snake grow a massive size so it is essential to have the appropriate vivarium or terrarium for them.
Maintaining your reptile’s cages clean can keep your pet’s health in shape. Animals are also susceptible to bacteria and infections like salmonella that can be transmitted to humans. You must schedule a regular cleaning and periodically disinfecting the reptile’s cage for a healthier environment.
3. Reptile Nutrition
There are a lot of commercial diets available for reptiles but giving them fresh foods is better. Some of them need worms and mice, while others require fruits and vegetables. You must be willing to put in some effort and money to provide the food they need.
Also, it is not enough that you can feed them with the right foods. Part of your job is to give them the necessary amount they need to consume in a day, week, or month. This way, you can maintain the well-being of your reptile while preparing yourself for budgeting your pet’s food expenses.
4. Reptile Temperature
Cold-blooded animals cannot maintain their body temperature on a regular basis. It is in your hand to give them the right temperature for them to survive. You can ask for professional help on the proper heating devices for the reptile you have chosen.
In cold weather, most reptiles need to feel warm, but that is quite hard especially indoors. Infrared heaters are gaining popularity because it can give the feel of sunlight through its infrared light. You can check for the best-infrared heaters out there that best suits your pet’s needs.
5. Reptile Humidity
One of the most essential things that your reptile need is the right amount of humidity. In their natural habitat, the reptile can create a stable humidity just by moving from one place to another, depending on the climate they need. There are animals that can develop serious health problems when they are in a dry place, while others can lead to fungus and bacteria with too much moisture.
That is why you have to make a way to provide the proper humidity in your pet’s tanks. It can be a vivarium with water filtration or a terrarium with air humidifier. You can also add alert devices so you will stay updated on the right humidity level.
If you want a pet that you can snuggle and play with, then reptiles are not for you. There is a different level of how much or how little care these species need. A lot of pet store which specializes in reptiles can guide you in safe ways of taking care of them.
It may seem a lot of sweat and effort to take care of a reptile, considering the special requirements they need to survive. However, they can make a terrific pet that can live long and healthy with proper guide and care. You just have to keep in mind that all pets should be treated just like a family member to help them live a happy life.